This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Jul 3, 2012

L-tryptophan & Galantamine


Last night I combined two of my favorite Lucid Dreaming supplements, L-tryptophan & Galantamine and the results were just simply astonishing!

For those of you that don't know about Galantamine, please check one of my earlier posts here: Link

What is L-Tryptophan?

L-tryptophan is an essential amino acid that helps improve sleep and reduce stress. It acts as a precursor to many neurotransmitters and neurochemicals, including serotonin and melatonin. Melatonin is known to help improve sleep along with improving dream vividness, and serotonin is needed to improve mood and mental health. This type of amino acid is not produced naturally in the body, so L-tryptophan must be provided by a person’s diet or through daily supplements. We can gain more L-tryptophan within our daily diets by ingesting some foods like, Pumpkin Seeds, Dried Dates, Bananas, Peanuts, Poultry and Corn.

The fascinating thing with L-tryptophan is that when taken a couple of hours before you sleep, it will convert to melatonin, which plays a key role in deep sleep and dream recall. This in turn will offer a more vivid experience, especially when bulking up on Vitamin B6 before you sleep. Vitamin B6 is found naturally in Salmon, Cheddar cheese, white rice and milk.

David Wolfe- L-Tryptophan

Here's a quick video about L-tryptophan in greater detail provided by one of the most iconic ambassadors of super health, Mr. David Wolfe. Check him out at the Longevity Conference below:

My Extra-Ordinary Experience

Supplements Taken

2 x capsules (4mg Galantamine/ 200mg Choline per capsule)

2 x capsules (500 mg L-Tryptophan per capsule)

1 x Banana

1 x Slice of Cheese

A few of hours before sleep I consumed one banana and a small slice of cheese, then shortly afterwards I took 1000 mg of L-Tryptophan, being made up of two vegetable capsules. I drank some fresh water too then went to bed. I fell asleep quicker than usual because of the melatonin being released. My body felt heavy and my eyes were solid shut. The first half of the night was made up from an incredibly heavy deep sleep with some REM phases.

The dream content was comprised of the most explicit subconscious reality I have ever experienced! I was in a huge swimming pool the size of an ocean right at the top of a huge incredibly tall skyscraper hotel. I remember feeling extreme vertigo within the dream because the experience was almost too much for me to handle at times! This experience is by far one of the deepest expressions of my subconscious mind, and it’s incredibly fascinating to think that we all have the ability to access this part of ourselves at anytime, if we so wish to. Although it was a ‘non-lucid’ experience to begin with, it was an incredibly real reality to me yet at the same time absurdly unreal. The melatonin was most definitely at play, and it seemed like I was submerged in this deep-dream awareness for what felt like six hours, when in actual reality was two to three hours. (L-Tryptophan has been known to delay wake times, helping insomniacs gain a much longer and deeper sleep).

Upon awakening from this sleep cycle, time distortion was ever present and a feeling like my brain had just ran a huge ‘dream marathon’. I naturally came out of the cycle around 3 am. I felt extremely drowsy, maybe a little too much looking back on the experience! However, this did not stop me from continuing my little dream experiment, besides, being a little drowsy is highly beneficial when taking Galantamine as it makes you more alert and can at times be hard to fall back to sleep.

So, I took the Galantamine capsules after having a quick toilet break and set my usual intention, asking my guide for a safe journey etc, and fell back to sleep, almost instantaneously.

I discovered that the sensations were a little different in comparison to when taking Galantamine/Choline by itself. I got semi-awoken by the usual vibratory sensations all over my body along with mild hypnogogic imagery. But this time I had the added bonus of feeling mild euphoria! This could be a result of the possible conversion into serotonin that assists in elevating one’s mood. It felt wonderful and put me in good stead for my night’s lucid dreaming. As always, when taking Galantamine, I got triggered within the dream (DILD), with the added synergy of extremely high vividness provided by the L-Tryptophan. The LDs lasted much longer than normal and dream control was just above average, not perfect. I transitioned and recycled the Lucid dreams as many times as I possibly could using the DEILD methods (Dream-Exit-Lucid-Dream) where you can see how it’s done in my Dr. Lucid’s- Lucid Dreaming video. I managed to recycle four lucid dreams in total, some of which appeared to be in a computer game like environment; that was extremely strange and fun! In retrospect I would have reduced the amount of L-Tryptophan to 500 mg as opposed to 1000 mg when taken synergistically with Galantamine. This is because I believe it will give the dreamer greater dream control and will help them in being less ‘spacey’ when navigating around the dreamscape. I also felt pretty tired the next morning, but nothing that an afternoon nap couldn’t cure…

All in all, I think this supplement combination gets my upmost thumbs up! So why not give it a try and please share your experiences below!

Namaste.

1 Comments:

At July 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Astral Traveler said...

Thanks for sharing. Great information. I will give it a try.

Thanks Doug

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home